Tuesday, October 28, 2014 / by Chip Deacon
In the beginning... Longboat Key was the vacation land of the Timucan and Caloosa Indians for hundreds of years. Shell mounds have been found showing that picnics and fish fries were commonplace. And truly, the Lifestyle of today's Residents is very much the same!
In 1539, Hernando de Soto is thought ot have visited here with his scout, Juan ANasco, manning the "longboat" as it went through the North Pass. Hence, the name adapted from Indian and Spanish history.
Longboat Key has the wonderful benefit of...
- several Private Golf Courses;
- Private Resident Beaches;
- World Class Dining;
- Grocery Stores and Local Markets;
- Independent Fire & Police Services;
- and the most amazing views in the area of the Open Gulf of Mexico, the serene Sarasota Bay, Downtown Sarasota or North towards the elaborate Ringling Museum, USF and New College Campuses.
With the construction of the Fixed Span Bridge leading from Downtown Sarasota to Bird Key and St. Armand's Circle on the John Ringling Causeway, traveling between Longboat Key and the diverse cultural and entertaining events and activities became a dream. One is literally sailing above the waters of the Bay in a delightful transition.
There is a great selection of homes available under $300,000 on the Market which makes Longboat Key a VERY AFFORDABLE place for a vacation home, a second home or retirement home!
Longboat Key Homes Under $300,000 We want to build a Relationship with You!
Golfers will enjoy the amenities at the Longboat Key Club and Resort, Harbourside Golf Course or Islandside Golf Course. There are no public courses on the key, so membership is necessary or you can schedule a stay at one of the participating reciprocal resorts.
As Longboat Key is a very popular choice for 2nd, 3rd and 4th homes, you never know who you might run into at a local store or restaurant! Some of our well-known Residents/Visitors of Longboat and the area include:
· TV/Film Stars: Jerry Springer, Linda Hamilton, Dustin Hoffman, Jane Lynch and Angie Harmon
· Musicians: Brian Johnson, Joe Perry, Dickie Betts, Graeme Edge and Rick Derringer
· Athletes & Sports Folks: Dick & Lorraine Vitale, Nick Bollettieri, Nik Wallenda and Maria Sharapova
· Politicos: Congressman Vern Buchanan, James Carville & Mary Matalin and former NFL Player running for Congress: Henry Lawrence of Oakland Raiders fame.
· Fashion Designers: Adrienne Vitadini, Jay McCarroll (Project Runway) and Sigrid Olsen
Join the Celebrity Lifestyle of Glamour and Privacy on one of the best Islands in the Nation!
Want to know more about Sarasota? Check out these Resources:
Stay in touch as we explore all areas of Sarasota!
Like Us on Facebook and Join the conversation! Facebook- Chip Deacon
Watch For Us on YouTube! Videos coming soon!
Drop me a line to get a complimentary Market Report for your Neighborhood.
To Your Succe$$
Chip Deacon, Leader - Extreme Home Selling Team | 941-357-4031 Office 941-302-8717 Cell