Monday, November 16, 2015 / by Extreme Home Selling Team
Check the Cotton: 100% High Grade Cotton with a Long Staple Length. Better cotton, such as Egyptian cotton, has a longer staple length. Longer fibers make the cotton more durable. (Author's note: Staple Length and Thread Count are different measurements. A linen can have a high TC but a short SL and still be comfortable yet inferior to a linen with a low TC and extra long SL.
Take in the Side Show: Look at the towel from the side to see how high the pile (or the loop) of the cotton is. Higher directly translates to softer. Inferior weaves skimp on the height!
- Look for the twist. The loop should also have a twist in it. That twist is what makes a towel thirsty! You want towels to suck up water like a sponge in a rainstorm!
- Get a Happy Medium! Skinny Minny towels feel skimpy, Super Plush towels won't dry overnight.
- Mind the Details. You want small stitches along the finished edges, a sign of better craftmanship.
- Avoid color. White towels don't fade and continue to match even after washing many times. Boll & Branch says that 45% of their orders are for white towel sets!
- Skip the embellishments! Appliques can look cheesy AND they begin to fray and fade after washing. Leave them for the cutesy occasional use hand towels.
- Take one for a test drive. If you're shopping a new brand, pick a hand towel to use and wash several times before committing to the entire set. You can see how it works and holds up to your lifestyle first!
- Treat with Proper Care. Wash towels BEFORE you use them. Then and every wash after, launder them separately from other clothes, in cold water, with a gentle detergent, and NEVER use softeners. Dry on low or medium heat. "Hot water and and hot dryers break fabric down faster..." says Boll & Branch.
Now that you know how to shop and care for your towels, and sheets by default, you can spend MORE time Shopping & Caring for YOUR Family!
When you decide that you want to Shop for a Home because you Care about Your Family, put the Extreme Home Selling Team to Work For YOU!
ROBERT "CHIP" DEACON, Broker-Associate
Jeff Kaplan, Customer Care Team
Shari Shepard, Team Admin
Laura Dobrin, Realtor - Buyer's Agent
Adding a Little Sharisma to Your Life!