Wednesday, March 9, 2016 / by Extreme Home Selling Team
Here are some suggestions to help "Peace" together a new household, whether you are Young Adults getting your first apartment together out of College, Newlyweds or Newly Together, and even Seniors sharing space for Economy. Anyone who finds themselves in these circumstances can use these tips!
1) Inventory! Take pictures and estimate the size of each piece.
2) Estimate the Yard Sale Value of each piece if you have to sell.
3) Get a Storage cost too if you decide to store valuable/family pieces.
4) Sit down together OUTSIDE the intended home! There's less stress when you're away!
5) If you have a place targeted, get a floor plan. It's easy!
a) Sarasota County www.sc-pa.com HOVER over the SEARCH button and select REAL PROPERTY. Enter the Address: 123 Main. All similar entries will display. Select your property. Under BUILDINGS, select the link of the Address to display the Sketch. Click for Full Size! Print.
b) Manatee County www.manateepao.com SELECT the Property Search Box; Hit AGREE; Select Address; Enter the Street No, tab to Street Name: 123 (tab, tab) Main and then hit enter. All similar entries will display. Select your property. Select SKETCH in the left column to display the outline of the building with measurements! Print.
6) Draw in each room on the Sketch and figure out general furniture placement! Make sure you take room measurements when you are inside the property. The measurements shown on the Property Appraisers' sites are OUTSIDE measurements so therefore are GREATER than Interior Measurements!
7) You can also use linens (e.g. towels and sheets) to represent the size of your furniture and lay out on the floor for spacing IF YOU HAVE ACCESS prior to moving in. Remember the Side Tables, Floor Lamps & Bookcases!
When you examine the styles of furnishings, don't forget that Slip-Covers are now being made in VERY attractive options! You can pair a solid-color, newly slip-covered sofa with a pair of Scalamandre Wing-Back chairs! Choose the best of the furnishings to use and sell/store the remainder. If you begin to purchase items for the home, retain the receipts and decide immediately who owns what and how much! You may be cheery pals now, but the future could change, so just protect one anothers' interest to avoid negativity should you come to parting ways.
ADD Color.... Or GO Neutral!
You can even have an experienced Upholstered dye the white or beige slipcover to match a specific color scheme if you are unable to find a complementary slipcover for your furnishings! Get estimates for this added expense.
When YOU Blend your Family Dynamics in a New Home and would like the expertise of a Seasoned Team working FOR You, WITH You, in SUPPORT of YOU, call the Extreme Home Selling Team: put US to Work for YOU!
ROBERT “CHIP” DEACON, Broker-Associate
Jeff Kaplan, Customer Care Team
Shari Shepard, Team Admin
Laura Dobrin, Realtor - Buyer's Agent
Adding a Little Sharisma to Your Life!