Friday, April 29, 2016 / by Extreme Home Selling Team
Here are 30 Ideas to do just that! We're sure you can see where these strategies will work for you.
30. Plan your BEST Time to Market your property! For the Sarasota Area, High Season and Early Fall see GREAT Sales Activity. The Holidays? Not at all.
29. Clean up and trim the overgrown, tangled landscaping! Curb Appeal is critical so make it the best!
28. Embrace your Architecture! Play up it's best features with paint accents and landscape.
27. Eye your Front Door carefully. Check the paint, hardware, weatherstripping, etc.
26. Bring the Outside In by utilizing any Deck Space and Patios as secondary rooms.
25. Sell Prospective Buyers within the FIRST TEN SECONDS of entering!
24. Don't hide the fireplace... HIGHLIGHT IT! Even if it's non-working, it's still an accent!
23. Furniture Placement is key. Take it off the wall, don't "line the room", place it at an angle, etc. Pick up a couple of home magazines for ideas.
22. Put $$ in the Details: Install or Upgrading to deeper Baseboards and Crown Molding gives rooms a very rich look.
21. Design to Dine: Define the space (even if combined with the Living Area) and select a unique Light Fixture. Try Habitat's Re-Store for deals!
20. Be the TOP HOUSE in the Neighborhood for Best Price - See where all other For Sale Homes are priced and examine their best features and drawbacks. How does your home compare?
19. The Master Suite is a Bedroom. NOT an Office, Storage, Playroom or Gym. Get rid of all accessory equipment! Make it a Retreat!
18. The Master is ALL ABOUT THE BED! The first wall seen from the door should have the bed placed on it if possible. Give it the Royal Treatment and YOU will reap the rewards!
17. Create instant luxury in the Master with lots of pillows, table lamps with lux shades, the BEST duvet you can afford (or borrow?)
16. Clear out the overstuffed closet and O-R-G-A-N-I-Z-E!
15. Price to SELL - not to hold: Buyers do ask how long it's been on the market. Don't Go Stale!
14. Use High End Materials in the Bath if remodeling. Change the faucet, shower head, and clean those drawers!!
13. Primp your vanity. Change the Mirror & Light Fixture. Don't forget to buy appropriate light bulbs!
12. Change Shower Doors. Yeah uh-huh! Refinish the tub if it's 10 years or older. Don't paint it. Professionally refinish it!
11. Decorate with Spa-like Accessories! Buy fresh towels FOR SHOW ONLY!
10. KITCHENS SELL HOMES. Hands Down! Put Your Money into it.
09. Dress up that Kitchen Cabinetry: Stain, Seal, Paint and Add new Hardware. High Gloss Enamel brings a fresh shine (with the correct brush!)
08. Countertops: Quartz & Granite are high-end. Stainless Steel, Concrete are industrial. Glass & Soapstone are naturals. Recycled, Laminate & Butcher Block are inexpensive.
07. Appliances must be working and can look new with appropriate paint and deep cleaning.
06. Major changes like opening the Kitchen to the Dining/Living Room can make a HUGE difference to Buyers IF YOU HAVE THE TIME & BUDGET.
05. Insure that the Traffic Patterns are smooth and open flowing. Arrange the furniture for natural paths. Ask a neighbor to walk through and comment!
04. Square Footage is at a premium so REMOVE ALL CLUTTER! Rent a short-term storage locker or hold a yard sale NOW!
03. Match the Inside Decor to the Outside Architecture so it all makes sense!
02. Make the Home Move-In Ready. Buyers need to imagine themselves there easily.
01. Go over the top. Spend some money to upgrade your rooms. You don't have to break the bank!
Again, when you are ready to make the leap into selling your home, Call the Experts on the Extreme Home Selling Team to put their unique Marketing Plan in place for your property. We want to sell it quickly and for the BEST PRICE to get you on your way to your next home! We are here to assist you!
Here is a YouTube Video created by the Board of Realtors for Sarasota Manatee Counties discussing Wire Fraud for the protection of Clients. Watch it for complete information about how to be aware of people who attempt to intercept funds during a transaction. Remember, as Real Estate Agents, we do not participate in this aspect of the transaction. It is between you and the Title Company, Bank or Attorney.
Jeff Kaplan, Customer Care Team
Shari Shepard, Team Admin
Adding a Little Sharisma to Your Life!